These soothing throat drops not only soothe the throat, the lemon helps clear up the phlegm and open the passageways. There is no corn syrup, artificial colors or additives which makes them great for kids or anyone with allergies. They are easy to make with just a few simple kitchen ingredients.
Honey Lemon Throat Drops
2 C. sugar
1/2 C. honey
3/4 C. water
juice of 1/2 lemon
1-2 Zinc tablets, crushed (optional)
1-2 Vitamin C tablets, crushed (optional)
Butter an 8″x8″ pan. Set aside.
Place sugar, honey and water in medium saucepan. Place pan over medium heat. Cook and stir until mixture boils, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar.
Turn the heat down to med.-low and continue to lightly boil , stirring occasionally until a candy thermometer reads 285 degrees (soft crack). Approx. 20 minutes total.
Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice. Add zinc and Vitamin C (if desired), letting mixture cool for 1-2 minutes.
Pour into prepared pan. Cool for 10 minutes, score top of mixture. If not cool enough to score, wait a few minutes and try again.
Cool completely. Break into pieces using score lines.
You can wrap pieces individually or store in a baggie or other container until ready to use.
Store in a cool dark place.
- 569 March 12, 2014
- win your ebay auction every time! February 3, 2014
- 553 December 13, 2013
- REPLACE 18 HOUSEHOLD ITEMS WITH CASTILE SOAP December 2, 2013
- mini apple pies October 26, 2013
- MINI APPLE PIES October 26, 2013
- OVER 100 HEIRLOOM SEEDS COMPANIES.. NON GMO September 16, 2013
- How And Why To Plant Fruit Trees In The Fall July 30, 2013
- 22 benefits of apple cider vinegar July 1, 2013
- HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP June 12, 2013
- DIY bath and beauty
- DIY cleaners
- first aid
- food storage
- GMO and food awareness
- healthy cooking
- herbal remedies
- homemade gifts
- homemade health remedies
- homeopathic health
- household helpers
- Just For Fun
- pets and pet items
- self sufficient