- 4 small , 3 medium-size, or 2 large, firm but ripe Fuyu persimmons, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons minced white onion, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime or calamansi juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded tree pepper and/or jalapeno or your favourite chile
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
Mix persimmons, onion, lime juice, basil, serrano chile, mint, and ginger in small bowl. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper. (Salsa can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
I tripled the batch and heated it just so it was warm enough to go into a prepared, warm 1/2 pint canning jar.
I used my new Vittorio water bath/steam canner combo and processed for 20 minutes, once the gauge said it was ready.